Fakebook lets you enjoy creating a character - any character - complete with all the Facebook style presence.
Above is my spin on a character called FutureSeeker.
The full screen version of my FutureSeeker may be found HERE!
A great tool for English, History and Drama teachers because:
1. It can adapt to any lesson involving characterisation - a character from a novel or short story OR a historical character OR a future character.
2. Suitable for a wide range of learning levels.
3. It extends students so they can imagine the reality of different voices and language of characters in interaction.
A great way to practise and retain characterisation in preparation for a play.
* Imagine mixing real and fictional characters
* Imagine the wind, trees, mountains or seas turned into characters
*Imagine numbers turned into characters
4. Differentiation is built into this activity - represented by the opportunity for all students to respond to this activity in different ways.
5. Bonus - Fakebook offers a generic marking scheme on the right sidebar!!!
To teach is to keep learning